Hotel Catering and Management Department was founded in 1987. The system has been upgraded twice since its inception.
The department offers the following courses:
- Front office operation
- House keeping
- Food production
- Food and nutrition
- Food and beverage services
- Food costing
- Hygiene and sanitation
This unit has had a lot of very experienced instructors both African and European. Recently a European Hospitality Industry Expert was at the centre and worked with the instructors of the unit to improve on the teaching methods and presented a well developed scheme.
Hospitality and Tourism
In this unit you are trained on Hospitality and Tourism. By the end of the training, trainees should be able to:
- Describe the characteristics of the hospitality industry
- Explain corporate philosophy
- Discuss why service has become such an important facet of the hospitality industry
- Suggest ways to improve service