The Wood Work department is one of the oldest departments in the history of COIC Buea. From inception, there has been a lot of changes in the management of the unit; Africans, Europeans and Americans have been part of management in the past. It’s a two year program designed to prepare trainees of the department to enter the field of carpentry, and work as a carpenter.
Presently the head of department is a Cameroonian working in collaboration with very talented and qualified technicians.
Training concentrates on the following:
- Wood work machinery
- Cabinet marking
The tasks include:
- Understanding different building materials
- General Safety rules
- Carpentry tools
- Plan specifications
- Construction of frames of all sorts
- Roofing and types of Roofing and materials for roofing
- Installation of windows, doors, interior trims and cabinetmaking
- Stair construction
- Installation of finished materials